ATLANTA, GA – Production of the Yaris subcompact starts ramping up at Toyota Motor Corp.’s Takaoka plant in Toyoda City, Japan, in March, says James D. Farley, vice president-marketing, for Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. Farley is targeting sales of 50,000 units in 2006 after the Yaris goes on sale in April, growing to 70,000 in 2007. The 40-mpg (5.9-L/100 km) cars will be available in two versions: a 3-door hatchback from the European design center and a 4-door sedan designed in Japan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.