The auto industry and the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. are miles apart from consensus on how to implement a key area of the Transportation Recall Enhancement Accountability and Documentation (TREAD) Act. The industry favors well-defined reporting guidelines, while NHTSA backs an open-ended regulation, the two sides tell a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) conference in Washington. Noting files containing a single complaint have, on several occasions, prompted recalls ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.