MORTEFONTAINE, France – TRW Automotive wants to do its part to reduce the number of electronic control units (ECUs) in vehicles. The new technology-rich Mercedes S-Class has as many as 80 ECUs providing brainpower for brakes, powertrain, body control and entertainment systems, among others. Brake supplier TRW has a way to consolidate three ECUs into one. Its ElectroHydraulic Parking Brake eliminates all manual parking brake actuation and is controlled by the same ECU that runs the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.