FRANKFURT – The challenge of turning around the fortunes of the Volkswagen brand is not unlike the one Wolfgang Bernhard tackled as former chief operating officer of Chrysler Group. And the consequences of failure are no less dire. The very viability of manufacturing in Germany is being questioned. Without a solution, “there is no future for European manufacturing, simple as that,” says Bernhard, now chairman of the VW brand group. At Chrysler, Bernhard was responsible for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.