NOVI, MI – There’s been so much buzz about the Chrysler Group’s Hemi 5.7L V-8 – big power, big torque, big statement – it’s almost been forgotten that Chrysler recently launched its fuel-saving Multi Displacement System cylinder-deactivation architecture for Hemis fitted in the Chrysler 300C and Dodge Magnum. Further obscured by the Hemi hype are some intriguing engineering solutions necessitated by MDS, which shuts down half of the Hemi’s eight cylinders when they’re not needed. Chrysler ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.