Four passengers, including the pilot, soon will be able to travel many hundreds of miles in and out of small airfields at a 220-mph (354-km/h) cruise burning only 10 gallons of fuel per hour – the automotive equivalent of 22 mpg (10.7L/100 km). The aircraft, at a planned price of $360,000, is powered by two liquid-cooled 1.7L 4-cyl. diesel engines. The aircraft will be made by Diamond Aircraft Co., Ont., Canada, with headquarters in Weiner-Neustadt, Austria. The company ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.