Audi of America Inc. isn’t budging when it comes to penciling the upcoming Q3 small cross/utility vehicle into its lineup in the U.S. It won’t. The Q3, Audi’s smallest CUV yet, will be sold in Europe, with production launching at a plant in Martorell, Spain, in 2011. The Q3 was shown in concept form as the Cross Coupe at the 2007 Shanghai auto show with a 2L diesel engine under the hood. But an unfavorable exchange rate and a logjam in Audi’s vehicle lineup, given its still-modest U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.