It’s not easy being a supplier. When auto makers need to reduce costs, they often demand breaks from their supply base. It has been going on for years, and suppliers surveyed recently for a study by Roland Berger Strategy Consultants don’t see it letting up any time soon. The majority expect cost-cutting targets for the next three years will exceed 10%. In true domino fashion, they must find a way to cut their own costs. One solution rising above the rest is to move production to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.