DETROIT – There was no saber rattling at the U.S. Big Three in Ron Gettelfinger’s speech to the Detroit Economic Club Thursday. The United Auto Workers union president refused to discuss contract negotiations under way with General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler LLC, even as the Sept. 14 deadline approaches. But he continues to say plenty about Washington, where he contends government officials are failing to address a national health-care crisis and jeopardizing U.S. jobs and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.