The United Auto Workers union files unfair labor practice charges against Peterbilt Motors Co., a unit of PACCAR Inc., because of a Sept. 2 lockout of 700 UAW members at Peterbilt’s Madison, TN, facility. Mike Pardue, president of UAW Local 1832, says Peterbilt began labor contract negotiations with the union by asking for cutbacks in health care and pensions. “We asked them for documentation about their own proposals, and they said no,” says Pardue. “Then when we said we couldn’t accept ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.