A new van plant DaimlerChrysler AG may build in Georgia will have to be unionized if the auto maker plans on making a Dodge version of its Sprinter commercial vans there, says a United Auto Workers union official. Speaking at a Michigan Chrysler plant, Nate Gooden, UAW vice president and director of the DC department, also says a new joint venture engine plant that DC will build with Mitsubishi Motors Corp. and Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. must be unionized. DC is considering building the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.