DETROIT – Increased niche vehicle production would reduce overcapacity plaguing Detroit auto makers, while saving jobs and boosting the image of American craftsmanship, says United Auto Workers President Ron Gettelfinger. “The auto industry is great on product mix,” Gettelfinger says, following a stirring address to the Detroit Economic Club that bordered on anger. “What we've got to get better at is niche vehicles.” UAW President Ron Gettelfinger Analysts have said General Motors ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.