First UAZ 31512s on way to Cuba. ULYANOVSK, Russia – OAO UAZ has shipped the first 48 UAZ 31512 SUV assembly kits to Cuba. A total of 144 kits are to be shipped by the end of 2003. The Cuban-built SUVs will be powered by Russian-made 2.7L 143-hp ZMZ 409.10 gasoline engines. Empresa Reparadora Jose S. Comas, a company located in Camaguey and belonging to Cuba’s state-owned Grupo Industrial Unecamoto automotive group, will assemble the Russian SUVs. In addition to local sale, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.