VIENNA – The first 48 Russian OAO UAZ SUVs have been assembled at the Thanh Xuan Industry Automobile-Motorbike Co. in Hanoi, Vietnam. Another 120 assembly kits have been shipped to the country and up to 1,200 units could be assembled by the end of 2003. Than Xuan assembles the UAZ 31512. UAZ officials say the licensing agreement covers five years. “The license contract calls for the assembly of 3,500 vehicles within this time period,” says Arkady Rubashkin, UAZ’s deputy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.