BIRMINGHAM, England – The U.K. automobile industry believes the "unique partnership" it has forged with the British government could make it a world leader in automotive research and development. Paul Everitt, head of communications, economics and policy for the U.K. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), tells Ward’s the industry's forward-looking Foresight vehicle program is producing futuristic results. The scheme, funded by the U.K. government, began about six years ago, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.