After watching the U.K.’s overall vehicle production plummet through the year’s first 10 months, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders predicts the country will see another tough year in 2010. Although the decline in car output slowed somewhat in October, commercial-vehicles continued their sharp fall. The SMMT says 106,400 cars were built in the U.K. last month, down 6.7% from like-2008, for the smallest monthly decline this year. But commercial-vehicle output dropped 39.5% to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.