Passenger-car production in the U.K. rose 1.3% in July, but output in the small-commercial-vehicle segment fell 5.9%, leaving combined production up 0.7%. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders data shows 98,094 passenger cars were built during the month, along with 9,127 CVs. That raised 7-month car output 3.7% to 760,946 units, with CV production down 5.1% to 70,547. Combined assemblies rose 2.9% to 831,493 units. Passenger-car exports, accounting for almost 84% of production, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.