NEW CASTLE, U.K. – Falling consumer prices and a prosperous real estate market are the reasons U.K. car sales are dramatically outperforming those of continental Europe, leading economists here say. July’s new car sales soared to record levels. New registrations reached 195,637 units, a 13% rise over the year-ago period and the best ever July sales results, prompting the auto industry here to predict another record year. The U.K.'s Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.