British researchers are testing a prototype gasoline engine, which achieves greater efficiency than a diesel engine due to an external combustion chamber integrated into the cylinder head. Patented by Coventry University professor Dan Merritt in 2005, with backing from a small engineering company and the British government, a small team of consultants and developers now need a major injector supplier to help the concept reach the next level of development. A 1-cyl. version of Merritt’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.