U.K. new-car sales slid 13.2% in July to 136,446 units, ending 12-straight months of gains. Bucking the overall trend, deliveries of diesel-powered light vehicles rose 11.8% to 69,006 units, giving the segment a record 50.6% market share, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says. Sales of alternative-fuels vehicles surged 52.6% to 1,878 units for a record 1.4% share. “A drop in private registrations compared with the scrappage-fueled months of 2009 was expected and has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.