Vehicle-finance fraud cases fell 13.5% in the U.K. last year even though there were more vehicles financed than in 2009, says the Finance & Leasing Assn. There were 832 cases of fraud in 2010, costing £14.6 million ($23.4 million). The FLA says the reduction reflects lenders’ commitment to tackle financial crime and keep credit affordable. “While 832 cases of fraud slipped through lenders’ checks, FLA member finance companies prevented over 9,000 cases of suspected or attempted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.