Car production in the U.K. rose 4% to 86,250 units in August, boosting the 8-month total 4.4% to 847,196. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says commercial-vehicle output climbed 9.3% for the month to 6,433 units, but the year-to-date total remained off 4% at 76,980. U.K. engine production jumped 14.4% to 92,683 units in August, and the 8-month total of 924,176 is a 4.8% year-over-year improvement. Society CEO Paul Everitt says in a statement that auto makers are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.