U.K. new-car sales fell for an eighth consecutive month in February, down 7.7% to 63,424 units, but the month’s decline was the lowest over the time period. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says February’s result still was 6% higher than forecast for the month. “February is a very low-volume month, just ahead of the registration plate change in March,” the SMMT says in a statement. “In 2010, February represented just 3.4% of the annual market, while March took a 19.6% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.