U.K. new-car sales slid 11.5% in November to 139,875 units, but the market remained up 3.4% in the year’s first 11 months to 1,907,029, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders reports. If year-ago scrappage sales are taken out of the equation, November deliveries rose 14%, SMMT CEO Paul Everitt says. The year-ago market included 35,415 cars purchased through the scrappage scheme, equivalent to 22.4% of total deliveries. “New-car registrations fell by less than expected in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.