The British government’s car-scrappage scheme, which ended last month, is credited with helping up to 400,000 consumers buy new cars and save 4,000 jobs in the auto industry across the U.K. The 10-month scheme was designed to deliver a boost to the industry at the height of the global economic crisis, offering a £2,000 ($3,024) grant to scrap an old car in exchange for a new one. “The figures show this scheme gave vital support, boosting demand when the industry needed it most, helping ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.