Sales of heavy- and medium-duty trucks in the U.S. climbed 11.5% in October to 41,008 units vs. the 38,266 deliveries recorded during like-2004. Three of the five segments posted increases. (See related data: Ward’s U.S. Truck Sales by Weight Class) Class 8 deliveries rose 18.8% to 22,335 units. The four major manufacturers all recorded increases, led by Volvo Trucks North America Inc.’s 33.4% upsurge. Freightliner Corp. easily was the segment leader with deliveries of 8,465 trucks, a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.