Sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. increased 23.9% in October to 38,266 units from 30,897 deliveries year-ago, according to Ward’s data. Heavy-duty (Class 8) sales mushroomed 38.7% to 19,523 units from like-2003’s 14,072. (See related data: Ward’s U.S. New Truck Sales by Weight Class October 2004) Western Star’s heavy-duty sales declined 5.9% in October. International Truck and Engine Corp.’s 82.3% increase was the largest posted by any manufacturer in the segment. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.