Despite signs of an economic recovery in the U.S., the big truck sector appears likely to follow its traditional path and see gains later than most other industries. Medium- and heavy-duty truck sales fell in February to a combined 21,590 units, down 23.9% on a daily rate basis from the 28,362 Class 4-8 rigs sold year-ago. Deliveries of heavy-duty (Class 8) trucks totaled 8,481 units during the month, off 21.3% from the 10,775 units sold year-ago. Freightliner Corp.’s 5.1% decline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.