Deliveries of medium- and heavy-duty trucks in the U.S. increased 41.0% in January to 35,340 units, up from like-2004’s 27,147. January heavy-duty (Class 8) sales hit 18,257 units, a rise of 75.4% compared with the 11,275 trucks delivered year-ago. Freightliner Corp. once again claimed the top slot in the Class 8 sales race, with 6,815 trucks sold. International Truck and Engine Corp. squeaked by PACCAR Inc. to claim second place sales with 3,988 units. (See related data: Ward's U.S. New ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.