DaimlerChrysler AG will sell its upcoming Smart 4-seater in the U.S. in 2006, Smart chief Andreas Renschler says. The new model is slated for production at DC’s Juiz de Fora, Brazil, plant, which currently produces the Mercedes A-Class and C-Class for Brazil and North America, respectively. The plant will be the first Smart operation outside Europe. (See related story: Building New Smart in Brazil a Coup for DC Exec)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.