DETROIT -- General Motors Corp.’s negotiations to purchase the assets of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. and Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s decision to open a plant in the U.S. are emblematic of closer-knit ties between the U.S. and South Korea, say diplomats from both countries. Such deals between auto makers from both countries will only serve to help on all sides, agree Sung Chul Yang, ambassador of the Republic of Korea to the U.S., and Donald P. Gregg, former U.S. ambassador to the Republic of Korea. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.