DETROIT — Much has been made about the advantages of DaimlerChrysler AG's recent US$2.1 billion acquisition of a 34% controlling share of Mitsubishi Motors Corp. — new life to the struggling Japanese automaker, a much need entrée for DC into Asia. But the deal also gives DC another perk: Mitsubishi's U.S. operations. Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc. (MMSA) has just wrapped up its best March in the company's history and its best quarter ever with sales up 30% year-on-year. It also ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.