U.S. light-vehicle sales are forecast by Ward's to fall a third consecutive month in December, but the year still will end as the best ever on record. December light-vehicle sales are projected at 1.305 million units, equal to a daily selling rate (DSR) of 52,204, 2.7% below same-month 1999's 52,349 (25 selling days both periods). The December forecast leaves October-December as the first quarter since third quarter 1998 to decline (2.5%) from the same year-ago period. That trend likely ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.