U.S. light vehicle sales are continuing on a torrid pace in June, with Ward's forecasting a 1% increase over like-1998 and projecting a seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of 16.9 million. Sales should total 1.585 million units, for a daily selling rate (DSR) of 60,962. That compares with year-ago's 60,364 DSR — 26 selling days both periods. The DSR represents a 4.2% decline from the prior month. And the SAAR, although still strong, will be somewhat below May's 17.3 million. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.