April’s U.S. light-vehicle sales will rise from the previous month for the third consecutive time and are ahead of year-ago for the fourth straight month, based on seasonal adjustments. A preliminary look at the second quarter also foretells a strong increase from this year’s first quarter as well as the April-June period of 2003. Ward’s is forecasting sales will increase to a 17.1 million seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) in April from March’s 16.6 million and like-2003’s 16.4 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.