U.S. sales maintained a slower pace for the second consecutive month in November, as moderation in economic growth finally appears to be catching up with the industry. Sales — including estimates for Daewoo Motor America, Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. Inc. and Porsche Cars North America Inc. — totaled 1.231 million in November. That equaled a daily selling rate of 49,251, 3.5% below like-1999's 51,035 — 25 selling days both periods. It was the first time sales declined two straight months since ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.