U.S. sales roared to their seventh consecutive monthly increase, as March wound up the best first quarter ever. March light vehicle sales totaled 1.534 million units, for a daily selling rate of 56,831 — 27 selling days. That was 7.9% above year-ago's DSR — 26 selling days — and marks a string of increases that started last September. Cars alone increased 4.8% over last year, while trucks were up 11.5%, notably their smallest increase of the entire quarter. The record first-quarter sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.