U.S. light vehicle sales will cruise to a seventh straight increase this month, as March caps off the best first quarter in U.S. history, based on a Ward's Automotive Reports forecast for the month. The current string of monthly increases is the longest over the same year-ago period since 21 straight through June 1994, when the industry was rising from the depths of an economic recession. Ward's forecasts U.S. sales to climb to 1.58 million units, up 11.2% from March 1998 levels, based ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.