NEW YORK – Even though Audi AG’s U.S. sales represent only 9%-10% of its global volume, success in this market is critical if the German car maker is to reach its 2015 target of 1.5 million units worldwide, says a top executive. “The U.S. must make a better contribution to our global total to make our goal a reality,” Audi of America Inc. President Johan de Nysschen tells Ward’s. But the Chinese market has exploded upwards for Audi this year and is far surpassing the U.S. in demand. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.