ORION TWP., MI – General Motors executives in charge of two of the auto maker’s revolutionary small cars consider the recent shift by consumers to the segment amid soaring gas prices a permanent one. “We are in an age of reconsideration,” says Jace Stokes, product execution manager on the new-for-’12 Buick Verano C-car. “People are looking differently at their purchases. We have an all-new buyer in the marketplace,” he tells Ward’s A hot debate brews around the permanency of this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.