Volkswagen AG's 1.9L 4-cyl. TDI turbodiesel engines sold in the U.S. will be fitted for the '04 model year with the company's unique unit pump/injector system already available for European-spec TDIs. More power and better economy will come when VW upgrades its U.S.-spec 1.9L TDI with pump/injector system available in Europe. The pump/injector units – which develop markedly higher fuel-injection pressures than the current TDI's rotary pump fuel system – enable the already ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.