SAO PAULO – Brazil’s second-largest steel group, Usiminas, has signed an agreement with Honda to supply 100% of the steel used in the Fit car launched in Brazil last month. Usiminas to supply steel for Honda Fit. in Brazil. Usiminas supplies 56% of the Brazilian auto industry’s 1.5 million-ton annual demand for steel. The Fit, produced in Sumare, Sao Paulo, is a monovolume (small minvans) vehicle launched in June 2001 in Japan, and is the second model that Honda produces in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.