ROCHESTER, MI – Valeo SA of France expects that incremental improvements to the gasoline engine will yield greater near-term benefits than hybrid-electric vehicles (HEVs) and fuel the company’s growth in North America. Despite their fuel efficiency and acceptance as near-term alternatives for energy conservation, HEVs remain expensive to produce and represent only a small fragment of the North American vehicle market. Diesel engines also offer considerable fuel economy improvements, yet ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.