PARIS – Valeo profits and sales have nearly returned to historic levels, and with investments in Asia and carbon-dioxide-reduction technologies, the supplier intends to surpass itself. Sales in 2010 reached €9.6 billion ($13.2 billion), about €65 million ($90 million) more than in pre-crisis 2007, but global automotive production rose from 70.2 million vehicles in 2007 to 74 million in 2010, diluting Valeo’s “per car” sales by about 5%. “The growth in the intervening years was in Asia,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.