DaimlerChrysler AG is poised to confirm that the production model of the Mercedes GST Vision concept sports tourer will be assembled at its expanded facility in Vance, AL. Ward's first reported the plan after Mercedes showed the Vision GST in Detroit in January. At that time, Juergen Hubbert, DC board member in charge of Mercedes-Benz cars and Smart, said it would be assembled in Vance in 2004 along with the next-generation M-Class SUV (see related story: Mercedes GST to be built in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.