VALENCIA, Venezuela — Sales in Venezuela will continue to fall this year, after a disappointing 1998. Industry insiders say they expect car sales to drop 40% to 60% from last year's 176,000 sales. For the first two months of the year, sales averaged 8,000 units a month, down 60% from last year. The market dropped when interest rates skyrocketed to more than 100%, falling 1.5% during 1998 after a record first half. Automaker's are predicting decreases in line with the industry average. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.