VIENNA — Venture Industries Inc., a U.S. component maker and engineering specialist, is planning to build a new car in Russia. A contract with the Moscow-based vehicle-maker OAMO ZIL and its main shareholder, the City of Moscow, was signed in March. The plan calls for the production of a Venture-developed passenger car at the ZIL plant. Badged as a ZIL, the car will enter production in late 2003 or 2004 and will be powered by a 1.2L 3-cyl. 2-stroke engine licensed by Orbital Engine Co. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.