PARIS — Production at Venturi Paris SA has stopped — an apparent victim of the Asian financial crisis. Since last year, the company has belonged to Otto Americas, makers of 4-wheel-drive vehicles in Australia. But the company has not successfully resumed production of the 2-door supercars. Venturi vehicles were being built by owner Nakarin Benz, a luxury-car importer in Bangkok, whose fortune evaporated in the Asian economic crisis of 1998. Nakarin Benz owned Venturi from 1996 to 1999. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.