Bold plans for rapid expansion into new segments; aggressive pricing designed to undercut the competition; targets of 100 new dealers this year and a new $100 million marketing campaign touting America’s No.1 warranty: It’s a formula that has worked for South Korean auto makers for years. Daewoo-based Suzuki Verona hits U.S. soon. Now, Japan’s Suzuki Motors Corp. appears to have stolen an early Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. playbook in its attempt to execute its 3-5-7 strategy: three ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.