XM Satellite Radio is raising the ante on programming content via a much-publicized new deal with entertainment giant Oprah Winfrey and is moving toward an industry leading 9 million subscribers. But that’s not all the company has in mind. The satellite service, owned 5% by Honda Motor Co. Ltd. and 2% by General Motors Corp., is targeting a seriously expanded presence inside the automobile, with plans to offer everything from navigation-type services to onboard satellite TV. Most of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.